June 21, 2018

Aktuelle Nachrichten über Autos

Share

  • Pinterest

McLaren F1 driver Fernando Alonso says he is not spreading himself too thin.

Last year, Alonso competed in the Indy 500, and is scheduled to enter the 24-hour endurance races at Daytona and Le Mans next season. He also has a kart track in Spain, and his new fashion brand Kimoa has now become a multi-year McLaren sponsor.

But, according to the 36-year-old, he is not losing focus on his primary role.

„No. The key is the concentration when you lower your visor,“ he is quoted as saying by Marca sports newspaper. „In the car you always return to your environment and can concentrate without problems.“

McLaren executive Zak Brown dismisses the thought that Alonso is losing focus on F1, and might even soon leave the sport.

„We have the basis for a long-term agreement,“ he told AS newspaper. „Next year will not be his last year, for sure. I would like Fernando to finish his career with McLaren and then I think he will keep driving.

„There are some drivers like Nico Rosberg who simply stop. I think for Lewis (Hamilton) it will be the same.

„But I think Fernando is one of those rare drivers like Mario Andretti who will want to race in other categories,“ Brown explained. „He may be 36, but his body is only 22. I think he has a lot of time to keep driving.“






Motorsport Nachrichten

Schreibe einen Kommentar

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.